Coach’s comments
Saturday 31st May Katikati College Katikati 12.00am
Result loss 24-3 Peter 1 penalty
Winning is about planning, preparation and self belief, and it is much more likely to happen when a group of individuals come together with a single minded and absolute commitment to be the very best they can be for the team and the knowledge that each of their team mates will be the same!-
Tracey Fear Silver Fern – Netball
I decided to start off with this quote about winning & winners – because I needed to let you understand that there are many different perspectives on the term winning & winners. To me you have become winners, by the way you conduct yourself (dress, behaviour, attitude and the way you have committed yourself to the team by training hard). DON’T give up as that elusive win is just around the corner and you need to believe & persist.
Today’s game was once again “Déjà vu” Which means haven’t we done this before or haven’t we been here before. For much of the game we do extremely well we dominate possession & territory only to see it lost. Even worse to be standing on our own goal line watching an opposition kicker, kick for goal after they have scored a try from a simple error we made 50-60metres down field. When we make a mistake we get punished badly.
What would I like you to do- is to take time to digest the above quote- Planning, Preparation and Self belief. Especially the Self belief part, you all need a big dose of SELF BELIEF or confidence. We have had 8 months of planning & preparation. Now we need to kick in with SELF BELIEF as individuals and as a team. So how do we get self belief? By encouraging & supporting one another. By doing the hard yards to improve our fitness, to improve our skills, to improve our knowledge and always working towards being the best we can be.
Today as I looked at our huge bench for today – Fingers & Tar. Amazing how many players do we have in our squad? Today, we had the best 17 players available and I had to laugh to myself. I hate making excuses about losing as much as I hate losing. Today the best 17 players we had on the field and they gave it their best shot – we made mistakes and we lost. We certainly didn’t give up & any team that I am associated with, will NEVER GIVE UP because that’s when I will be tempted to give up.
My intention has always been to build a team – not a team of individuals. Every single member of our team is important to me and if you are committed to the team you will have a part & a role to play to make this “the best possible team we can be”
Today we didn’t play with a full deck of cards – too many players were missing. As a result we couldn’t play to our plan as people were playing in positions that they are still learning about.
I look forward to some feedback - so if this sin't place then try my bebo sight - I have opened it up s0 I can get feedback from you - I want to know what you are thinking- to see if we are on the same page or wave length. lastly have a safe holiday -see you all Tuesday Lunchtime. Will try to place a few more video clips from games over this week.
Final words find out what it means to have “SELF BELIEF” and how you can achieve it.
John Paul College
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i still cant figure out why we cant get that ball over the line, in games like yesterday we seem to do all the right things and play well but the trys just dont come. i was happy with the effort of yestedays game and deffinitly not dissappointed but it just seems that we lack that spark that creates trys. but good effort, all is well and i have a feeling that this oats game will be the one, with a full strength team and good preparation i can see us taking this one out.
whenz some of us will not make the trainings on tuesday due to stage challenge, that will be........... nate, piri, nappy boy, aaron, yootube, ricky, waldo, meyrk, peter wei myself and unsure about hannibal? maybe we can shedual another training on wednesday or somthing or make thursday a little longer?
Wiremu
i think u r right about self beleif, i think to often when a team scores a couple of trys on us, we lose a little bleief in our own ablitly. we cant afford to do that, we must me confident week in, week out.keep our heads high and aim for hat fisrt win
nathan
when r we meeting up tomorow whenz
I Kicked The penalty against katikati.not youtube!!
Post a Comment