John Paul College

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Coaches Comment - Latest Results

Well, by now you would have noticed that I have not written a coaches comment for the game against John Paul. I haven't really had time to view the video from an analytical point of view to see why we once again became the bridesmaid.
For the last 2 weeks we have lost by 7 points - If you have a look at the lastest results we are not quite at the bottom. We are not going to lose this saturday!!!!!!!
Click this link to see results after 6 weeks




I am never happy about losing and I continue to ask questions like why????????

The simplest answer I can give is that we are yet to play a game where we have all players fit & available. We are yet to see a full squad at every training. We have yet to have all players fully committed to every session trainings, fitness and game. We have a few committed players, we have a few part time players, we have few fill in players and we have players who can't make up their minds if they are playing or not & it is week 6

For the last 6 weeks we have put out the best team possible we can put on the field with the players available. So I do not use the above reason for an excuse for why we are losing, that's too simple. We can't think about the "What if mentality". We need to think, "it's up to me & the players around me to do it" - We all need to continue to persevere.

In the next few days I need to know who is available to play against an Irish school on 11th July & we have one inter-school fixture against Putaruru HS at school on the thurdsay 3rd July. The Irish game will be my last game before I depart for Hong Kong on the 27th July. So with only a few more weeks left for me -I am really looking forward to seeing the season off with at least 2 or more wins.

See all at practice on Thursday - at the Event Centre


No comments: